In the music world, Carly Gibson is what you would call a triple threat: she not only composes soulful and sophisticated music, she also sings beautifully and plays a mean acoustic guitar. In addition, she has developed a substantial reputation for her skill on electric guitar, having performed in the past as a lead guitarist with Caroline Aiken and as lead guitarist for Spencer Durham and The Golden Souls, Gibson Wilbanks, and The Pussywillows.
Carly’s music resonates with the flavors that reflect her own diverse musical tastes and influences. Rock, jazz, folk, blues, Americana, bluegrass and funk all find their place in her repertoire. She counts among her influences such songwriters as Caroline Aiken, Paula Cole, Joni Mitchell, Bob Dylan and Tori Amos, as well as guitarists such as Stevie Ray Vaughan, Jimi Hendrix, Angus Young and Michael Hedges.
Carly frequently collaborates with fellow musician, BJ Wilbanks, with whom she performs as Gibson Wilbanks, and in her duet The Pussywillows with fellow musician Hannah Zale aka ZALE. Carly is a 2013 graduate of the esteemed guitar program at the Atlanta Institute of Music, and teaches private guitar lessons.
- Opened for: Gareth Asher and the Earthlings, Michael Tolcher, Jack Williams, Donna Hopkins, Caroline Aiken, Diane Durrett, Grayson Capps and the Lost Cause Minstrels, Copious Jones, Ralph Roddenbery, Randall Bramblett, Katharine Cole
- Shared the stage with: Jeff Sipe (Phil Lesh & Friends, Aquarium Rescue Unit), EG Kight, Caroline Aiken, Richie Jones, Ralph Roddenbery, Chris Hicks (Marshall Tucker Band), Randall Bramblett, Geoff Achison, harmonica wizard Steve Baker, Diane Durrett, Donna Hopkins, and Michael Tolcher.
- Festivals performed at: Athens Human Rights Festival, ATHFEST, the North Georgia Folk Festival, Pepperland’s Full Moon Ball, The Northern Rockies Folk Festival, Hemlock Fest, Tallulah Fest, Decatur Green Fest, T-Dawg’s Back Porch Hootenanny, Springfest (as special guests of the Donna Hopkins Band in 2012), WideSpread Camping, Brookhaven Arts Festival
- Venues performed at: Vinyl – Center Stage, Red Clay Theatre, The Crimson Moon, Ragamuffin Music Hall, the Cox Capitol Theatre, The El Ray Theater, the Sautee Nacoochee Center, Smith’s Olde Bar, Eddie’s Attic, Grant Street Music Room, Wayfarer Music Hall, Music On Main Street, Athens Holiday House, Firefly, Hungry Ear Coffee House, Roux On Canton, Red Light Cafe, WREK Atlanta 9.1 FM, Common Grounds Coffee House, Moonshadow Tavern, Steve’s Live Music, Mable House Barnes Amphitheatre, The Melting Point, Matilda’s Music Under the Pines, Terminal West
- Awards: Won Eddie’s Attic Songwriter’s Open Mic competition on December 19, 2011; won Eddie Owen Presents @ Red Clay Theatre’s Songwriter’s Open Mic competition on November 18, 2013